Saturday, August 9, 2008

Batman and Super Baby

Tristan is fully obsessed with Batman now. We have moved on from Spider-Man. I don't know why though, he has never seen a Batman movie. And he won't for awhile, he's not old enough for those yet. He's barely old enough for Spider-Man but he has seen all those. Anyway, I guess it is just the "new thing". He has the lunch box and now the costume, which I told him he can be Batman for Halloween since we have the costume already.

And I guess Gavin is going to take after the super hero theme here too. On Wednesday, he rolled over. He's only 5 weeks old and he rolled tummy to back. I had put him on his tummy in the living room while I was cooking in the kitchen and Doug was finishing dinner on the grill. Well Gavin was mad, he was crying and screaming and both of us were trying to hurry and get dinner done. Doug went into the living room to get him and he was on his back. So his first time rolling over and no one saw it. He hasn't done it again though. I've put him on his tummy and now he is getting up on his knees and kicking so he actually moves forward. What happened to putting a baby down and them not moving. He moves in his bassinet too. I can put him down in the middle and he will kick until he is up in the corner. He likes to be touching his head to the side. And it makes me think of that joke, "I live in a round house and I like to sleep in the corners." I think it is a good bet that this kid is going to be a mover.

No comments: