Monday, August 4, 2008

First day of school and 1 month old!

I really meant to write sooner, like last week when Gavin turned one month old. But, I'm horrible at actually sitting down and writing. Even worse at actually sending an email to someone, I just do forwards. Anyway here is my big one month old boy.

And my boys together. They look alike even in this picture.

I had sent an email out with some Gavin pictures and just for fun a Tristan baby picture to show how much they look alike. Look and compare...
Gavin
Tristan
Tristan

Gavin

They make some of the same faces too. The big difference is that Tristan was a happy baby. Happy to be held or put down, it didn't matter. Gavin is more like if I'm not eating or sleeping then I should be crying. He is not a happy baby. He is not content to just be awake and look around, unless it's between 1am and 5am. Then he'll just be awake and semi-happy. But then I'm not happy! He's just one of those fussy babies. Luckily 8 years of day care experience has taught me to just tune it out after a while. Crying really doesn't bother me to much. But Gavin gets a frantic cry that just makes you feel sorry for him. So I pick him up and rock him and then he goes to sleep. And sleeps all day, up at night! I know he'll out grow it soon. But my happy baby, Tristan, slept through the night. I was so spoiled with Tristan.

And speaking of the big boy, today was the first day of Kindergarten. I can't believe he's going to school all day.

He looked a little nervous when we dropped him off. I just hope he likes it. He didn't like Pre-K toward the end of the year when they were actually trying to do work and learn things. He would much rather play. But his room didn't seem like it had to many toys in it. And he supposedly has the strict teacher, which might be a good thing for little mister stubborn.

1 comment:

Daughter, Wife and Mom! said...

wow they do look just alike. I cant believe T is in Kindergarten. Has it really been that long? The are both just as handsome as can be. Enjoy them....they grow so darned fast.