Sunday, October 19, 2008

Fun, fun day

So in the last post, I said "It's been one of those days all week", well the week wasn't over. Early, early this morning I hear "bloop, blop, bllloooop" coming from the bathroom. So my weird mind is thinking of those stories about big snakes coming up the toilet pipes, and I'm lying in bed thinking, "well if there's a snake coming up, Dora will get it." I checked the toilet and the water wasn't rising, just air bubbles. So silly me thinks maybe if I flush it, the air will get out. Nope. Apparently not. The waters rose. I went back to bed. Later, Tristan gets up and I told him go to the bathroom in his bathroom and he yells, "there's water all over my floor." Great. Time to call maintenance. Well not only was water all over his floor but both bathtubs were full of brown chunky water. So that's what smelled so bad. The little flood went out of the bathroom and down the hall and into the hall closet where we have boxes and stuff. So my fun morning was cleaning it all up. I threw away all the bathroom stuff and went to get new things and some storage tubs. The boxes had Doug's books and memorabilia. Kind of funny that only his stuff got ruined. On the up side, I don't think my bathrooms have been cleaner.

No comments: