Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Time flies but not racing fans

We spent our last weekend away from home this past weekend. At least our last for a while. We were in Pekin for the Marigold Fest, which really I just went for the art in the park. But Tristan went to the parade and got so much candy I thought he went trick-or-treating already. On that note, do we really need the Halloween candy out already. If I buy it now, it would be all yucky by Halloween, so of course I would have to eat it before then and buy more. Anyway, so now we're back and the weather could not be nicer. I love fall. I could handle 70 degree weather year round. Kids outside playing, getting tired out, yelling themselves silly far away from me. Ah, nice. And me and my neighbors drinking Mike's hard lemonade at 3:00 in the afternoon. But none of us liked it, so really we each only drank half our bottle. This weekend is a little fest on post called Day for the Kids. Lots of games, free food, jumping castle things, plenty to wear a kid out. And maybe we'll even get up to the orchard to pick apples on Sunday. These past two months have just gone by so fast with us traveling all over the place. Which brings me to the time flies but not racing fans. I've noticed that people who have sticker or decals of their favorite race car driver are some of the slowest drivers. If you are such a fan of racing, why don't you drive faster? Here let me show you the gas pedal. Bad drivers is one of my biggest pet peeves. If you can't talk on a cell phone and drive at the same time then shut up or pull over. Just because you have a phone in your hand does not mean you have to slow down. I need those bumper stickers that say, "Shut up and drive" and "I'm not tailgating, I'm drafting". Which thanks to Mythbusters is proved to save gas. Anyway, that's my rant of the day.

No comments: